Good oral health can have so many wonderful life-changing benefits. From greater self-confidence to better luck in careers and relationships, a healthy smile can truly transform your visual appearance, the positivity of your mind-set, as well as improving the health of not only your mouth but your body too.As part of National Smile Month, we have put together some top tips covering all areas of your oral health, to help keep you smiling throughout the campaign.
- Brush your teeth last thing at night and at least one other time during the day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Clean in between your teeth at least once a day using interdental brushes or floss.
- To check if you have bad breath lick your wrist, let it dry and give it a sniff, if it smells your breath probably does too.
- If you use mouthwash don’t use it directly after brushing as you rinse away the fluoride from your toothpaste.
- Quit smoking to help reduce the chances of tooth staining, gum disease, tooth loss, and in more severe cases mouth cancer.
- Make sure your toothpaste contains fluoride; it helps strengthen tooth enamel making it more resistant to decay.
- Change your toothbrush every two to three months or sooner if it becomes worn as it will not clean the teeth properly.
VISIT YOUR DENTIST:
- Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.
- Some dentists may offer home visits for people who are housebound or have difficulty visiting the surgery.
- If you are nervous about visiting the dentist, make sure they are aware of why so they can improve your treatment.
- Help to overcome dental anxiety by taking a friend with you for support or listen to music to help you relax and focus on something else.
- Your dentist will carry out a visual mouth cancer check during your regular check-up.
- Visiting a dental hygienist can help give you excellent tips and advice on preventing dental problems.
Contact us on 01784 454 899 Staines, Middlesex.